At today’s Microsoft Conference at Gamescom, 343 Industries revealed more information about their upcoming release Halo: The Master Chief Collection. They had a lot to talk about when it comes to The Master Chief Collection.
343 Industries is hoping to give veteran players a new way to play as well as getting new players caught up on the world of Halo. The Master Chief Collection will include:
- Halo Anniversary
- Halo 2 Anniversary
- Halo 3
- Halo 4
- Over 100 multiplayer maps spread across all 4 games.
- Halo 2 will have the classic skill based ranking system from the original release
- Halo Channel
At Gamescom they revealed that popular map Sanctuary will make a return. 343 Industries showed off some online game play of the map originally from Halo 2.
Also included in The Master Chief Collection is a more updated and upgraded version of Halo: Waypoint called Halo Channel. It has all the things that Halo: Waypoint had including:
- Exclusive videos from behind the scenes footage, interviews, conversations
- Top Five Halo plays
- Possibly fan made videos (I remember Halo: Waypoint having these)
- The Ridley Scott produced Halo: Nightfall featuring a key character to Halo 5: Guardians, Agent Lock
- Twitch to have live gameplay streams so people can watch matches.
- Halo Channel will also be for iOS
Halo Channel will be released alongside Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
343 Industries has also revealed more information on the upcoming Halo 5: Guardians Beta. The Beta will contain a ton of features from the full game to make sure it’s the best beta experience possible. The Beta will give us a peek at:
- 4v4 on maps tailored to small matches
- 7 armor pieces to choose from
- 11 items like grenades, jetpacks and more to use
- some items that are unlocked in the beta can be used in the full game
- The beta will see Halo Channel functionality
The Halo 5: Guardians Beta will be going live on December 29th, 2014 through January 19th, 2015. Access of the Beta will be exclusive to owners of The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection will be released on November 11th exclusively for Xbox One. Halo 5: Guardians doesn’t have a release date, but considering they are doing a Beta later this year, I can assume that it will be released some time around the Holiday 2015 season.
Whether you are an old fan, or a new one, you can’t deny this is more bang for your buck. If I had an Xbox One, I would be all over this. While I didn’t get a chance to play Halo 2’s multiplayer, I did play a lot of Halo 3’s multiplayer. I enjoyed it, and that’s coming from someone who cares very little for multiplayer in most cases.
Jesse Webster is a Senior Writer at MONG and knows that the Battle Rifle is the best Halo weapon. You can find him at Twitter.