What is 3on3 Freestyle?
3on3 Freestyle is an online multiplayer basketball game that is literally 3 on 3 street basketball matches.
- Supports local co-op play to play online (up to three players).
- Choose from a set of diverse characters, each with a unique skill set and position to vary strategic combinations.
- Manage your characters to unlock more skills and features in the game.
- Making substitutions on the fly.
- No two 3on3 Freestyle characters are the same in appearance/physicality, playing style, or story. Each character in the game has their own signature moves and tricks.
Joycity has said it is planning to update the game on a monthly basis once released. Further, it will also be offering a free PS4 theme and exclusive discounts on in-game items such as logos, clothing, and accessories for PS Plus users. So, microtransactions.
To sign up for the beta visit the game’s official website. 3on3 Freestyle will launch sometime on PS4 in Q4 of this year. A specific release date, nor price point, have been divulged.
I was pretty excited when I saw this game, but once I learned it was multiplayer only, I stopped caring. Arcade sports games is one of my favorite genres, but I mostly want to play them offline in a single player mode.
Tyler Fischer is a Senior Writer for MONG who plays video games when he’s not busy researching alien conspiracy theories at 2AM. You can find him on Twitter.
3on3 freestyle, news, featured, beta, joycity, ps4, playstation 4, playstation