2013 has been a wild year of video game announcements. There have been games announced that will be available as soon as release day such as Killzone: Shadowfall and games that are still several years away like Kingdom Hearts III. Everyone has seen at least one game that they are stoked for, so we decided to find out what each member of Middle of Nowhere Gaming is excited about most.
“Honestly I am really excited to see Destiny. Even though it isn’t exclusive to Sony, I feel more anticipation for this game than any other game that has been announced for next gen consoles.”
(See blog post dedicated to this later today!!)
“The one thing that would make me abandon all of my tuition bills and be absolutely comfortable living on the street (so long as the street had an outlet and I could bum off someone’s WiFi) would be if Tetsuya Nomura announced the date of the much-anticipated release of Kingdom Hearts III. There’s a beautiful nostalgia associated with the franchise, and it’s that nostalgia that will always keep the series in my top 5 franchises. Until Kingdom Hearts III has a hard release date, however, I’m perfectly fine with sitting on the sidelines for a few months. Hopefully if there are any bugs they’ll be worked out before I make the investment!”
“Ever since Courtney let me borrow Final Fantasy XIII, I’ve fallen in love with Final Fantasy games. I was extremely excited to find out that they are releasing Final Fantasy XV! I know that the games have different characters and storylines, but the quality of the series can’t be beat. This is one of the many games that make me want to sell my limbs for a PS4.”
“Infamous: Second Son—I wasn’t the biggest fan of the first two games, but this one is poised to change my mind. Not only is it the first game that looks like it is a next-gen title, but the lead in it looks much less whiney than Cole! I would love to play as a non-apologetic superhero for once (Spiderman, I’m looking at you!)”
What about you?
We also decided to ask some of the members of the Podcast Beyond Facebook group what their most anticipated games were, so here are some of their answers!
• Sam A. – “I think I’ll be excited for Resogun not sure what else is gonna grab my eye”
• Robert F. – “Resogun!”
• Rod L. – “More Assassin’s Creed”
• Dennis M. – “Driveclub”
• Josh T. – “The Order: 1886”
• Luke B. – “Infamous, can’t wait for that. I’m interested in seeing what Naughty Dog has cooking for the system too.”
• Karlos S. – “Launch game, Killzone: Shadow Fall. The open feeling of the levels, the choice of how to tackle areas, the amazingly beautiful graphics. It’s all shaping up to be an excellent look at how the PS4 will offer developers much bigger scope for their games in the future. Launch window, Infamous: Second Son. Our first glimpse of an open, next gen world. The scale and destructible environments look great; the effects of the special powers too just look out of this world.”
• Christian B. – “Omg the Resogun stream was so mesmerizingly pretty. Only 25 more days to go! Really looking forward to that game.”
• Bryan N. – “Having FINALLY beat Infamous 2 yesterday…. Infamous. Also Knack, that game just looks like fun.”
• Andy W. – “ Right now I’m most excited for what the first party studios are working on since we know so little, but as far as games we know about I’d have to say MGS V simply because I’m a huge Metal Gear fan.”
Did any of us mention your most anticipated game? If not then leave us a comment below and let us know what yours is!