In the UbiBlog yesterday, Ubisoft’s Communications Specialist Anne Lewis announced that Tetris Ultimate will come to the 3DS and include an exclusive single player mode.
Tetris Ultimate is slated to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 this summer. The 3DS and PC versions of the game will be released later in the fall. Lewis outlined the modes in the post:
- Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
- Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out.
- Ultra – Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
- Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
- Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out 1-4 challengers.
- Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups. Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent’s Well shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let it Rain and dump garbage down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you out by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you’re in a spot of trouble.
- Challenge – From disappearing Tetriminos (Tetris® playing pieces) to orientation-locked Tetriminos, be prepared for a variety of challenges that will test a player’s fortitude.
I had no clue this game was even coming out. I really like Tetris, and I have probably purchased it more than I could even describe. I even owned Tetrisphere on the Nintendo 64. I’m a sucker for new modes and fresh ideas added into the tried and true formula of Tetris. I will pick up at least one of the versions of this title. I am willing to wait until the fall to scoop it up on my 3DS.
Dustin LaRoe is an Associate Writer at MONG and is pretty awful at games. If you want proof, watch him on Twitch as Guy105. His Gamertag and Steam ID are Guy 105.