Atlus has revealed how much they’ll be asking you to pay for DLC in their upcoming fighter Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.
The second iteration of the Persona 4 Arena series of fighters from Atlus and Arc System Works is soon to be released and, just like its predecessor, will be offering DLC in the form of extra color swaps, cosmetic glasses, and announcer voices. There are a couple new offerings this time, however: three playable characters, and the original Persona 4 Arena story mode (for those that missed the first game).
Siliconera has reported the following DLC content and associated prices:
- Playable character – Margaret: $4.99. Releases October 7th.
- Playable characters – Marie and Tohru Adachi: Free for a week after game launch, $4.99 each after October 7th.
- Complete story mode from the original Persona 4 Arena: $9.99
- Glasses Packs: $1.99 each, or $5.99 for all
- Additional character colors: $1.99 each, or $5.99 for all
- “Navigator” (announcer) voices: $2.99 each, with “various set prices”. Some voices available at launch, the rest will be available on October 7th.
In addition to these items, Atlus stated that more DLC would be announced at a later date.
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax will release on September 30th for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
These prices are really not half bad, especially compared to other Arc System Works fighting games (and fighting games in general). I can’t see myself paying for the alt colors, but $5 is a steal for a new playable character, and early buyers will even get two of them for free. It’d be cool if those who bought glasses/color swaps for the previous game would be able to use them in this one, but I won’t hold my breath for that. I’m just really excited to get my hands on this game!
Aaron Dobbe is an Associate Writer at MONG specializing in Nintendo but playing a bit of everything else too. Follow him on Facebook and pester him to get a Twitter.