Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin will have all of the previously released DLC Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, and Crown of the Ivory King. Owners of the previous version will have these updates to look forward to:
- Additional NPCs added for an enhanced story experience.
- Parameter adjustments for improved game balance.
- Augmented item descriptions.
- Improved online matchmaking functionality.
Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and DirectX11 players will also get these features:
- Additional upgrades to graphics, sound and performance.
- Increase in maximum online players in a single session (6 total).
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on April 7, 2015.
I don’t know if I’ll get this version of the game because of Bloodborne. Bloodborne will be released a few weeks before this; I’ll be too busy trying to beat that to step back into Dark Souls II. I don’t mind this happening, but releasing a few weeks after Bloodborne seems to be a bad idea.
Jesse Webster is a Senior Writer at MONG and is ready to pick up Persona Q. You can find him on twitter.