Forza Horizon 2 is receiving a Fast & Furious themed expansion pack. Not only that, but the expansion is standalone and will be free for a limited time.
From March 27th to April 10th, the expansion pack will be free; after that, the pack will be priced at $10. No purchase of Forza Horizon 2 is required to download the expansion pack, meaning an Xbox One or Xbox 360 owner can download it for free within the two week window. The expansion pack is a partnership between Universal and Xbox to celebrate Furious 7. It includes many cars from not only Furious 7 but from the entire Fast & Furious franchise. The confirmed cars so far are:
- 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Fast & Furious Edition
- 2012 Nissan GT-R Fast & Furious Edition
- 1998 Toyota Supra Fast & Furious Edition
- 2014 Maserati Ghibli S Fast & Furious Edition
- 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Fast & Furious Edition
- 2015 Dodge Charger R/T Fast & Furious Edition
- 1970 Plymouth Cuda Fast & Furious Edition
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Fast & Furious Edition
The cars are not the only element brought over from the films; the character Tej Parker, voiced by his actor Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, will guide the player. The game will be set in France and offer a variety of challenges. You can read the full reveal here.
Racing is a genre I hardly ever play. However, Fast & Furious is kind of a guilty pleasure for me so I am slightly intrigued by this. If it were not for the fact my 360 is packed away somewhere and I do not own an Xbox One, I would give this a try.