Patch 1.03 is now live for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for all PC versions of the game. This update contains a range of stability and performances changes as well as letting users tweak their graphics setting even more. For a full list of changes, see below.
- Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
- Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
- Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed
- Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
- Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
- Sharpen Post-process settings extended from Off/On to Off/Low/High
- Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
- Corrects a bug where player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs
- Improves menu handling
- Corrects an issue with Stamina regeneration while sprinting
- Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcured when scrolling the map
- Generally improves world map focus
- Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
- Corrects some missing translations in the UI
- Corrects an issue in dialogue selections
- Rostan Muggs is back
- Minor SFX improvements
CD Projekt RED has announced the console version of the patch should be available soon, though no date or time has been given.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt released Tuesday, May 19th on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Cool! CD Projekt RED has always been good about patching games and I am not surprised here with the fast turn around. I’m sure the console patch is right around the corner. I honestly have been enjoying the game so much to even notice the hiccups. Go buy this game right now!
Patrick Garrity an Associate Writer for MONG and a Jersey native who loves video games and enjoys the industry. He loves rum and wants to be a pirate one day. Follow him on Twitter.