Coming off the heels of the announcement of a Steam port of the latest entry in the series Tales of Zestiria, this announcement comes in conjunction with the Tales franchise’s 20th anniversary. Not much is known about the port other than it will be the HD version of the game that was released as part of the Tales of Symphonia Chronicles collection on PlayStation 3.
However, if enough pre-orders are made on Steam for Tales of Zestiria, the Steam port of Tales of Symphonia will be given for free as a bonus. Costumes and weapons are also being offered as well but Symphonia is being offered as the fourth and final tier in the game’s pre-order bonus program. The hardware requirements and recommendations have also been released and can be seen below:
- OS: Windows Vista 32/64
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+, 2.6GHz
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon HD 4830
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Hard Drive: 7 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Gamepad support
- OS: Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 (x64)
- Processor: Intel Core i3-530, 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 940, 3.0GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti / AMD Radeon HD 7850
Tales of Symphonia is a game I remember hearing a lot about back when it was released in 2004 but only played for about an hour or so. I’ve thought about picking up Tales of Symphonia Chronicles on the PS3 but this announcement gives me another option, which I welcome. It also makes me happy that more console JRPGs are now being ported to PC, following the recent trend Square Enix has started with the PC ports of Final Fantasy games.