Q-Games Ltd. has announced The Tomorrow Children will launch next month on September 6th with the early access Founders Pack. Additionally, the game will be opened up to everyone as a free-to-play title “in the near future.”
Starting September 6th, the early access Founders Pack will be offered for a limited time (which wasn’t defined) until the official launch of the free-to-play game. The Founder Pack bundles together “a great selection” of paid DLC items, 1000 Freeman Dollars (in-game currency), and exclusive bonus content. Q-Games Ltd. says the Founders Pack will give players “a big running start as they dive into the world of the Void.”
The early access Founders Pack will cost $19.99 and include the following:
- Bourgeoisie papers — This is your first step to becoming a resident of The Void. By earning the “rezidenty” status, player’s will have the privilege to participate in creating structures and items to build your town, access to new tools, and the ability to build your very own house within the town. Also includes five F2P invitations to send to friends.
- Lv1 Arms License — Unlocks access to higher-tier weapons at the weapons dealer in town (purchase items with in-game currency earned by completing various labor tasks).
- Lv1 Tools License — Unlocks access to higher tier tools at the tool dealer in town (purchase items with in-game currency earned by completing various labor tasks).
- Eagle Corp. Jetpack — This high-end Black Market paid item will take you to new heights, allowing you to reach otherwise inaccessible areas on tops of “islands” to mine resources and find hidden items.
- Special costume — “Miner Gear” costume to customize your in-game “projection clone” character.
- Exclusive PSN avatar pack — This is a pack containing three exclusive PSN avatars limited to the Founders Pack.
- 1000 Freeman Dollars — Currency that can be used at the black market to purchase a variety of high-powered weapons, tools, and more, and can also be used as bribes to government officials for quick personal benefit. (This is separate from the in-game credits collected from the town’s City Hall after completing various labor tasks, which are used at the normal vendors in town.)
- Bourgeoisie Paper holders will also receive five invitations to send to their friends, granting them access to the F2P game client before full public release. Invited comrades can enjoy the F2P game for free, and upgrade their experience with the Founders Pack if they choose.
When early access launches on September 6th, players who have experienced the F2P game early, via the Founders Pack, will also be able to purchase additional Freeman Dollar packs from the PlayStation Store. AKA use microtransactions for in-game content.
What is The Tomorrow Children?
“The Tomorrow Children is a unique combination of action, simulation, strategy, and social gaming that delivers an experience unlike anything else. As “projection clones,” players will be tasked to work together — And unite for the glory for all! — in an alternate future Soviet Union in order to restore civilization to a world that has been annihilated by a failed science experiment. Gather resources, build and customize your town, build defenses, fend off gigantic “Izverg” kaiju monsters, and much more.”
I was once excited for this game, now I’m not. Just please — for the love of sweet baby Shu — no more early access games on consoles.
Tyler Fischer is a Senior Writer for MONG who plays video games when he’s not busy researching alien conspiracy theories at 2AM. You can find him on Twitter.