It’s back baby. 2K Games has announced Carnival Games VR, a virtual reality take on its Cat Daddy Games developed series. The latest installment is due out digitally for PlayStation VR and HTC Vive on October 28th for $19.99, and later in the same year for Oculus Rift.
Yes, that hole in your soul is finally being filled. Here is what it will be filled with — Aka the key features of Carnival Games VR:
- A Carnival Game for Everyone: With 12 carnival games, there is something for everyone. Whether you wind up and throw baseballs in Golden Arm, shoot basketballs in Swish, test your aim in Shooting Gallery or scale a castle from great heights in Climbing Wall – there are a variety of exciting games to play!
- Interactive Environment: Immerse yourself in the carnival atmosphere where the Barker keeps you on your toes, you interact with the park patrons, navigate through four Carnival Alleys with unique playroom themes, from the Cowpoke Corral to the Wizard’s Walkway.
- Earn Prizes, Unlock Games: Complete a game and collect tickets for fun virtual prizes, along with unlocking more game modes at the Prize Booth! All prizes are held in a Play Room where you can unlock unique achievements.
- A Great Party Game: Did you get a high score? Challenge your friends and see who can earn the top spot of the online leaderboard.
- Please note: This is a VR-only game and cannot be played without an HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and Oculus Touch controllers, or PlayStation VR and PlayStation VR Move controllers.
As with any game from this series, all that matters is the game modes. Here are all twelve of them:
- Alley Ball: Roll the ball right into one of the holes at the end of the alley – try and get a high score!
- Climbing Wall: Don’t look down! Climb as fast as you can to reach the treasure at the top of the climbing wall.
- Down The Stretch: Race to the finish by rolling the ball into the holes at the end of the ramp! Be sure to land them into the highlighted hole for an extra burst of speed.
- Fast Pitch: Strike! Or maybe it’s a Ball – catch each pitch as best you can whether it’s swerving, slow or fast!
- Funnel Cake Stacker: It’s raining funnel cakes! Catch as many funnel cakes on the tray as you can.
- Golden Arm: Wind up and test out your arm when you try to knock over the golden milk jug(s) with a baseball.
- Haunted House: BOO! Don’t be scared when you jump in this moving cart where you need to shoot as many targets as you can while the cart moves through the Haunted House.
- Pop Darts: Hit as many balloons as you can with darts but if you feel lucky, you can pop all eight balloons by hitting a moving target.
- Ring Toss: Get rings to toss onto pegs for points so make sure you aim for the ones with the most points!
- Shark Tank: Don’t hesitate when it comes to hitting a moving target as fast as you can in order to dunk patrons into this water tank!
- Shooting Gallery: Quick draw and test your aim while you have unlimited shots to try and hit as many targets as you can.
- Swish: Test your basketball skills when you only have seconds to make as many baskets as possible.
Reads descriptions of “Shark Tank” and “Down the Stretch” mode. It’s back baby! Time to dig out my ol’ lucky pair of carnival sweatbands…
Tyler Fischer is a Senior Writer for MONG who plays video games when he’s not busy researching alien conspiracy theories at 2AM. You can find him on Twitter.