Bandai Namco has announced it will be publishing Behold Studio’s Chroma Squad for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and even the PlayStation Vita. The Power-Rangers-inspired tactical RPG is set to ship to said platforms sometime in early 2017.
The game follows five stunt actors who decide to quit their jobs to start their own — wait for it — Power Rangers-inspired TV show. Players will participate in tactical turn-based battles as well as do various things such as casting actors, purchasing studio upgrades, and crafting giant mechs.
Here’s an official overview of the game via its Steam page.
Chroma Squad is a tactical RPG about five stunt actors who decide to quit their jobs and start their own Power Rangers-inspired TV show! Cast actors, purchase equipment and upgrades for your studio, craft weapons and giant Mechas out of cardboard and duct tape. Once the cameras are rolling, you will control your cast of five colored-jumpsuit-clad warriors in dramatic, turn-based battles!
- Customize your TV studio: hire actors, upgrade your gear, do marketing, craft weapons, costumes and giant cardboard robots!
- Tactical RPG combat with a twist: combine your heroes’ abilities with Teamwork maneuvers!
- In-Depth RPG systems with skill trees, random equipment, crafting, and branching storyline with 3 different endings!
- Giant Mecha combat – destroy the city to save the city!
- A love letter to Power Rangers, Tokusatsu and the Japanese series of our childhoods!
- Deliciously-animated pixel art and a chiptune soundtrack that shines like justice!
Chroma Squad originally released on PC last year. Upon release it garnered a 75 on Metacritic.
Shhhhh, you had me at Power Rangers.
Tyler Fischer is a Senior Writer for MONG who plays video games when he’s not busy researching alien conspiracy theories at 2AM. You can find him on Twitter.