The patch will include several fixes for glitches but will also introduce a couple of new additions like enlarged text. The patch notes were posted on the CD Projekt Red’s forums. The patch does not currently have a release date.
Here is the list of changes from this patch:
- Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
- General stability and performance improvements
- Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
- Improved camera smoothness
- Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
- Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
- Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
- Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
- Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri’s Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
- Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
- Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man’s tree during Eye for an Eye quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
- Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
- Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
- Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
- Fixed issue where some players were experiencing infinite loading screen during King’s Gambit quest.
- Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
- Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven’s Treasure quest
- The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.
I love how fast we’re getting these patches! I’ve been fortunate enough to have a (relatively) bug-free playthrough so far. But it is good to see certain things get fixed, especially ones that involve Roach. I am also glad to see that Geralt will no longer interact with candles if near chests – that was annoying as hell!