What is Duelyst?
Duelyst is a tactical turn-based strategy game. The game’s focus is on squad-based combat, where you, on a tactical map, participate in a 1v1 battle trying to eliminate your opponent’s general.
- Customize Your Battle Squad: Recruit a large roster of 100+ battle units and spells each with different abilities that interact in unique and endless ways during combat. No squad or battle will play out the same.
- Skill-Based Tactical Combat: The emphasis is on unit positioning, understanding your squad’s abilities, anticipating your opponent’s capabilities, and maintaining board control. At its core, it’s a tactical tabletop board game without all the manual math calculations.
- Online Multiplayer: Find equally matched players to play head-to-head anytime in Ranked or Draft mode on various competitive tiers.
- Short Sessions: Each game session is designed to be played in less than 30 minutes. Now you can play competitive skill-based games without investing hours towards a single session.
- NAGF (Not Another Generic Fantasy): The world of Duelyst has an expansive identity and mythology where you will see gorgeous landscapes filled with rich, complex characters, untold stories, and unraveled histories.
- At Launch: 6 Factions with a roster of over 100 faction-specific and mercenary battle units and spells.
At the moment there’s no official date for the game’s release on Steam, consoles, or mobile devices.
Duelyst is currently available via the game’s official website.
Duelyst looks awesome, and tactical strategy is one of my favorite genres, however its free-to-play model makes me want to turn the other way and run. At the moment, all I can do is wait and see how predatory its model turns out.
Tyler Fischer is a Senior Writer for MONG who plays video games when he’s not busy researching alien conspiracy theories at 2AM. You can find him on Twitter.