LittleBigPlanet 3 will not be developed by Media Molecule, who created the franchise back in 2008 for PlayStation 3. Instead, Sumo Digital will be developing the new numbered game in the puzzled platform franchise.
The LittleBigPlanet franchise is known for it’s puzzle platforming, but its biggest draw is the way players can create levels for other players to play on. The best thing about the games is that you can play all the user created content through all the games in the series. So, any user created levels from LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 can be played on LittleBigPlanet 3.
As with many games coming soon, there will be pre-order bonus to get when picking a certain retailer:
- Target will nab you a Sack Boy plushie complete with a Target hat.
- GameStop will get you the Mythical Creatures costume pack.
- Best Buy will get you the Hidden Animals costume pack.
- Amazon will get you the PlayStation Favorites costume pack. They include, Journey, Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, Patapon, Tearaway, Ratchet & Clank, and LocoRoco.
- PlayStation Store will give you a Sack Boy with a LittleBigPlanet 3 shirt which you can use immediately for LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet Vita, and LittleBigPlanet Karting.
No matter which store you pre-order it from, they will have a Day One edition which will get you a Dragon Age costume pack, and four PlayStation Favorites costume pack which includes; A helghast from KillZone, Nathan Drake from Uncharted, Ellie from The Last of Us, and Delson Rowe from Infamous: Second Son.
LittleBigPlanet 3 arrives in November 18th for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.
I like the fact that LittleBigPlanet is still a franchise popular enough to warrant sequels, and while having a four new playable characters might not change the game a whole lot, having 16 layers of depth instead of the usual three will.
Jesse Webster is a Senior Writer at MONG and he still remembers someone made a cool LOST level on LittleBigPlanet. You can find him on Twitter.