An image released on Guitar Hero’s official Facebook page listed these songs. Four of the songs are easy difficulty, three are medium and three are hard.
The revealed songs are:
- “Sing” – Ed Sheeran
- “Best Day of My Life” – American Authors
- “What Doesn’t Kill You” – Jake Bugg
- “Don’t Owe You a Thang” – Gary Clark Jr
- “Asleep at the Wheel” – Band of Skulls
- “Little Talks” – Of Monsters and Men
- “Cry of Achilles” – Alter Bridge
- “Sounds Like Balloons” – Biffy Clyro
- “Sometimes” – Blitz Kids
- “Under the Pressure” – The War on Drugs
In addition to the 5 star rating that we are familiar with in Guitar Hero games, each song will have challenge goals, with higher-difficulty challenges not unlocked until the proceeding one is complete.
In the same post as the song reveal, Guitar Hero Live promises “hundreds” of tracks available on day one between the game itself and the GHTV online mode.
Guitar Hero Live was announced two weeks ago, and is bringing a new controller and gameplay when it launches later this year.
I do like a few of these songs, but there are a couple I’ve never even heard of! With any music game the tracklist can make or break it, so I will be keeping a close eye any updates. I am happy that Activision are trying a new direction with Guitar Hero Live, and hopefully there will be enough fun songs to justify a purchase.