Voofoo Studios announces Mantis Burn Racing for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Now available through Steam Early Access, with a PS4 and Xbox One release coming later in 2016, Mantis Burn Racing is a top-down racing game in the vain of Motorstorm RC.
What is Mantis Burn Racing all about?
It’s a fast-paced bumper bumpin’ racing game that combines tactile gameplay with a top-down camera angle. It includes an extensive career mode, 4 player local split-screen, online modes for up to eight players, deep customization, a plethora of tactical choices, and endless replay-ability. Mantis Burn Racing, according to Voofoo, boasts highly detailed vehicles, visually stunning tracks, and high-risk gameplay that creates one of the rawest, but most exciting experiences around.
Technology Director Mark Williams had the following to say:
“We’re delighted to be bringing Mantis Burn Racing to PC and consoles. The pedigree of our studio and our success has allowed us to create a game we believe will be one of the best looking and most immersive in its genre. We’re really excited to welcome fans into Early Access to gain the feedback which will help us shape the game’s development.”
Here’s a full list of all the features you can expect:
- Comprehensive Career Mode – Test every aspect of your driving ability in a compelling career structure where you choose your progression path on the road to being crowned Mantis Burn Racing Champion.
- Bumper-to-Bumper Racing – Jump the sand dunes of sun-scorched Sand Town or burn rubber on the asphalt city streets of New Shangri-la in high-risk, high-speed but most of all, highly competitive racing.
- Incredible Vehicles – Choose from a roster of fully customisable built-for-racing vehicles in 3 distinct categories, each with their own unique handling and performance traits with speedy dune-buggies, versatile road-racers and super-strong 6-wheeler trucks competing side-by-side in the same race.
- Stunning Visuals – Race across stunning reversible tracks located in 2 distinct environments with incredible photo-realistic visuals for crystal clear high-octane racing.
- Utterly Believable – Enter a world of realistic, but fun, vehicle handling and dynamic destructible environments where tyres screech and barriers fly.
- Deep Upgrade System – Fine tune your vehicle’s appearance, handling and performance to your exact preference and playing style via a deep, tactical upgrade system that offers an almost infinite amount of vehicle variations, creating a unique race experience for every player.
- Challenging Game Modes – Master demanding game modes that keep the extensive solo career fresh and exciting.
- Intense Multiplayer – 4 player local split-screen racing with extensive online modes for up to 8 players allowing players worldwide to race together seamlessly.
- Original Soundtrack – Race to an original ambient-electro soundtrack written especially for the game.
- Regular Updates – Regular content updates during Early Access with add-ons planned post full launch, including free and paid content packs.
Mantis Burn Racing is currently $12.99 on Steam. Voofoo has said, free post-launch updates and DLC is planned.
Racing games normally aren’t my jam, but this game has peaked my interest mostly because of the top-down camera angle.
Tyler Fischer is an Associate Writer for MONG who plays video games when he’s not busy researching alien conspiracy theories at 2AM. You can find him on Twitter.