PlayStation 4 has been on the market for just under a year, and now they have spilled some of the beans on their great update 2.0, which is codenamed “Masamune”. The update has features that were previously announced at Gamescom this year while also adding some new features that PlayStation fans have been asking for.
The update includes the following:
- Not only is theme support coming to the PlayStation 4, but users can also change just the color of the UI to gold, blue, red, green, purple, pink and grey as well as the original light blue and the upcoming themes.
- Similar to Facebook, PlayStation will suggest friends based on your friend’s friends and what they play.
- The Live from PlayStation app will be getting an enhancement. First of all, users will be able to go into the Featured section to view PlayStation’s channel as well as the channels of friends and friends of friends. People can also sort the videos and streams by game, and the app will have archive support.
- More voice commands will be available for those with the PlayStation Camera, including “Find Face” and “Start Broadcast”. “All Commands” will bring up a list of all commands.
- PS4 is getting more USB support. People who put music (MP3, MP4, M4A, 3GP) on their USB can play some of this music in the background while they browse and play their games. Also, PS4 is getting USB backup support.
- The UI is getting a major update with the Library tab. The Content Area will only have the latest 15 apps on screen, with everything else in the Library, which can be accessed, searched and sorted. Free PlayStation Plus titles can be added to the library without having to be downloading, freeing up hard drive space.
Although the release date for Masamune has not been released, the PlayStation Vita, PlayStation TV and PlayStation App will also get updates at the same time. The Vita and PSTV update will have 4 player Remote Play support for the PSTV and the Live from PlayStation will be available for both. The PlayStation App 2.0 will have a new layout and new home screen.
The app will release soon, and this is not the final list of updates, so stayed tuned.
HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! This may not be folder support , but I am almost certain that they will add the support sooner rather than later. This, along with the YouTube support will be gratefully appreciated. What addition are anticipating? Moreover, what else would you like to see in this update?